United Kingdom ▼
Applications > Occupational

Noise at Work Measurement

The Noise at Work regulations state the type and grade of sound level meter that you should use and the measurements that should be taken. The noise meters and noise dosimeters (personal sound exposure meters) listed on this page satisfy the UK and EU regulations as well as the HSE guidelines.

Related Articles

If you need some help with the regulations or selecting to correct meter these articles may help.

Lower Cost Meter?

The EU and UK regulations define the equipment needed to carry out a noise at work risk assessment and this rules out the use of a lower cost basic sound level meter. You need a calibrated Class 2 Integrating Sound Level Meter and you also need a Sound Level Calibrator. The meter we recommend above is the most cost effective option for noise at work assessments.

Noise at Work Calculators

Free web applications to calculate worker noise exposure and for checking the performance of hearing protectors.

Range of Sound Level Meters

If you have applications other than noise at work then we have a large range of meters to satisfy. Maybe you need to measure environmental noise too, in which case a Class 1 sound level meter would be more suitable. Please visit our Catalogue for a full list of the meters we offer.

Sound Level Meter Catalogue - Noise Dosimeter Catalogue

Daily Noise Exposure LEP,d Calculator
Weekly Noise Exposure LEP,w Calculator
Hearing Protection Calculator